Work @ the Log Cabin! Seeking two summer students to join us - sharing with visitors (and your friends) how much fun it is to be in Belleville and the Bay of Quinte region during the summer!
Summer Student – Visitor Services & Events Assistant
Are you a highly motivated and organized individual who would be interested in assisting the Belleville Chamber of Commerce (located in the Log Cabin) with our upcoming Events & Tourism season. The ability to work independently, weekend and some irregular hours is required. A valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle are additional requirements; proficiency in spoken French is an asset.
Your primary function will be to provide support to Visitor Services at the Log Cabin by greeting visitors and tourists on a daily basis, providing them with information and recommendations based on their identified interests and needs. You will also collect demographic information from inquiries, track these electronically and compile a report that may be used for future marketing activities. Our office coordinates both Canada Day & The Belleville Waterfront & Multicultural Festival (4th year ranked in top 100 Festivals in Ontario) and you will have the opportunity to help with the planning, promotion & execution of these events. Tasks will be assigned according to your skill set, interests and capabilities and may include independent projects from developing social media promotion to assisting with setup and site monitoring.
The role will include the following:
- Greet visitors to the Log Cabin and provide them with information
- Stock and organize Visitor Information Centre with tourist information and materials
- Assist with distribution of tourist information and materials
- Update community events on website and social media
- Track visitor information and enter into statistical report
- Develop an inventory of locations in the City for tourist information, and generate an information planogram for each site
- Respond to specific staff requests for assistance with their daily tasks
- Provide administrative assistance to our special events coordinator
- Assist with the planning, promotion and execution of Canada Day and the Belleville Waterfront & Multicultural Festival
- Answer general phone call inquiries
- Perform general office duties as required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent communications & customer service skills
- Proficient in conversational French
- Sound proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to transportation
You must be returning to secondary or post-secondary school in September in order to apply.
Please attach a cover letter & resume using the "Apply Now" button below.
*Applications being accepted until Friday, May 11th at 4:30 pm*