- The Bay of Quinte Home Show is back again. Happening at the Duncan McDonald Memorial Community Gardens. This event is three shows in one, a Home, Leisure, and Women's show all together in one place. Check out bayofquintehomeshow.com for more information or to become a vendor.
- The Green Task Force will be handing out free seedlings to City of Belleville residents in market square from 8am - 11am. Bring your own bucket to pick up your free seedlings, limit of 10 trees per household!
- Northstar Refrigeration Ltd., the Quinte Humiane Society and Quinte Loss Dog Network have joined forces to bring back the popular comedy show "Raise the Woof", Saturday April 29th, at the Banquet Centre in Belleville. They are a troupe of comedians that travel across North America raising money for animal welfare and rescues with their own brand of hilarity. There will be an amazing array of Silent Auction items up for grabs and other fun surprises too! Doors open at 6:30pm and the show starts at 7:00pm. Get your tickets today as seating is limited! For more information click here!
- Join us April 29th at the Belleville Public Library for screenings of a Belleville Downtown Docfest favourite; Minimalist, A documentary about important things. Screening A will be from 1:30pm-3:00pm, and screening B will be 3:00pm-4:30pm. Admission is free with a suggested donation of $5!
- Join us for an evening of networking & mini massages at Sutherland-Chan Belleville Massage Therapy Clinic. Sutherland-Chan Clinics are pioneers and leaders in the field of massage therapy, with over 30 years of excellence in promoting the profession. Belleville is fortunate to have their only clinic outside of the GTA. Come out and learn more about the services they provide while connecting with your fellow Chamber members. Appetizers and cocktails will be available, so come connect with the business community of Belleville. Click here for more information.
In honour of Canada’s 150 birthday, the Quinte Arts Council will promote the theme “A Canadian State of Mind” in the bi-annual juried show. Expressions, Awards, presentations and opening reception will be on Thursday, May 4 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Parrott Gallery. Everyone is welcome! Exhibition on display from May 4 to June 1.
- Healthy Living Expo - For one day only at Centennial Secondary School from 9:00am to 4:00pm come out and see the EXPO gymnasium, various rooms for speaking, fitness instruction, wellness classes, healthy options cooking demonstrations and much more. Check out www.healthylivingnow.ca for more information.
- The 37th Annual Kiwanis Walleye World Fishing Derby! This event is a fundraising effort by the Trenton Kiwanis Club to help raise money for the community in support of the goals of the Kiwanis International. Their aim is to support local initiatives and activities that encourage youth through sport, science, academics, and much more. Check back to their website closer to the event for more information: www.kiwaniswalleyeworld.com
- The Quinte Symphony presents "Fiddler on the Loose" at the Regent Theatre in Picton. This show will be the perfect mix of Old World Meets New World, with the Sultans of String (2015 Juno Nominees). Tickets available at thequintesymphony.com
- The 8th annual Mother of all Craft Shows is back again. This event is happening at the River Inn in Corbyville from 10:00am to 4:00pm. This is a can't miss event for all artisans and craft enthusiasts. Visit motherofallcraftshows.com for more information.
- Mandarin MS Walk- Come out May 7th in support of MS! In teams or as an individual, walkers will go on a 5 or 10 k route to raise funds for the local MS society by gathering pledges or sponsorship's for their walk participation! For more information and registration details, click here.
- Join us May 12 at the Parrott Gallery from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. for our Musical Gifts Series presented by pianist Rick Penner, featuring the 'Music and Wisdom of Buffy Ste. Marie.' Everyone is welcome to attend this free program which is held in Gallery One on the third floor of the Belleville Public Library. For further information please call 613-968-6731 x 2240 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk a mile in her shoes! Come out to Empire Square and help end violence against women! On Saturday May 13th see if you have what it takes to walk a whole mile in red high heels! Registration begins at 10AM and the walk begins at noon. All proceeds support Children Three Oaks! For more information and registration details please click here.
- Join us 2:00-3:30 Saturday, May 13 for The Power of Reverie and Song with Quinte’s own chanteuse Elaine A. Small. The concert will feature the Rhythm, Reverie and Blues Trio with the talents of Andrew Trott, Howard Baer and Tony Vani. Surrounded by the Quinte Art Council’s Expressions art show, celebrate Mother’s Day weekend in style at The Parrott Gallery! Tickets $10 each—available at The Parrott Gallery and the Quinte Arts Council.
- Juno award winners Monkeyjunk will be performing a one-night-only show at Sans Souci in Belleville’s downtown core on May 13. Sans Souci will be a new venue for Southside Productions and one Meens hopes will provide a bit of a different experience for show goers. While group member Meens admits he is partial to blues rock — with many of the acts he’s brought into the area fitting the bluesy sound — he has definite plans to expand beyond the genre. For more information click here.
May 19 - 21:
- A day of family fun event at the Frankford Riverfest; featuring rides/games, boat races, petting zoo, entertainment, antique car show, vendors and a spectacular fireworks display! www.quintewest.ca
- Please join us April 19th for a Chamber breakfast and coffee mingle with guest speaker MPP Todd Smith, as he gives us the latest updates from queens park! Todd was first elected to represent Prince Edward-Hastings riding at the Ontario Legislative Assembly in the General Election on October 6th, 2011. He has was re-elected in the June 12th, 2014 Provincial Election. For more information and registration details, please click here.
- Belleville Family Artfest from 10:00am – 3:00pm at West Zwick’s Park – Free Admission & Parking, Fun for the whole family … clay sculpting, t-shirt art, sand art, spring themed arts & crafts, face & balloon art and musical entertainment.
- Belleville Youth Soccer Club is hosting their Comets Festival May 27th/28th. It will be held at East Zwicks Park & Riverside Parks. Stay tuned to BYSC.ca for more information.
- Barks by The Bay Canine Festival and Trade show: this canine festival showcases many unique vendors, breeds and breeders, canine accessories training aids and technologies, pet hospitals, pet food stores and groomers. Visit www.barksbythebay.ca for more information.
May 26- June 3:
- A Musical to celebrate the QAC'S 50th anniversary- Come out and watch an exciting new musical "The Summer of 67" written by Wendy Shaer! The year 1967. It was an era that had awakened to the the dawn of a new time, a new generation of free. All performances will take place at the Maranatha, 100 College Street West Belleville Ontario! Tickets are only $20.00 for adults, and $15.00 for seniors, students, and QAC's members! Tickets can be purchased at the Maranatha, the QAC, 36 Bridge Street East, and online at quinteartscouncil.org. For more information on show times click here
- MA Sills Park complex, including the Bruce Faulds Track, will entertain the best high school athletes in the province at the 2017 OFSAA track and field championships, June 1-3
- Little Shop of Horrors by Alan Menken & Howard Ashman, directed by Meaghan Lattanzio. From the depths of the inner-city darkness of “Skid Row” comes the wild ride that is Little Shop of Horrors. A dark, but hilarious musical tribute to the “doo wop” music and B-rated horror movies of the 1950’s; it features a score that will have you tapping your toes and rethinking the extremes you would go to for love, fame and fortune.
- Fixed Fur Life presents Strut For Strays at West Zwick’s Park from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. Strut for Strays is an annual Walkathon and Pet Festival. It is a day filled with Pet activities to raise money to help the homeless and abandoned animals in our community. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we need your support! Saving lives is just a Walk in the Park!
- The Quinte Ballet School of Canada presents their Recreational Division Assemble. Visit www.quinteballetschool.com/ for more information.
- Belleville Lions Club 7th Annual Show & Shine Car Show. Happening at Zwick's Park from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Free General Admission. Car Registration $10. Registration closes at 12 Noon. 50's / 60's music. Free Dash Plaques 1st 200 Registrants. Photograph of your vehicle on arrival. Lots of Door Prizes and Trophies. Food & Refreshments available on site.
June 4 - 10:
- The Belleville Pride Committee is excited to bring you another year of events and activities for Pride week. Mark your calendars for the annual parade and Pride in the Park taking place on June 10th at West Zwick's Park. For the rest of the events festivities, keep an eye on their website.
- The 2017 Seniors Showcase Information Fair: 10am – 2pm on June 7, 2017
- Come out June 7th from 11am-6pm at the Quinte Curling Club to the annual Kiwanis chicken BBQ! Buy your tickets in advance for $13.00 or pay $15.00 at the door! This dinner includes 1/2 chicken breast, baked potato, coleslaw, and a dinner roll! You dont want to miss out on this great event! For more information click here.
- Quinte ToyCon – Eastern Ontario’s largest collectibles show featuring vendors from all across Ontario and hundreds of tables full of collectibles, vintage comics, cards and much more at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre. Visit www.quintetoycon.ca/ for more information.
- The Gleaners Food Bank's ride for hunger is motorcycle ride to raise money for our food bank. The day also includes music, BBQ and silent auction. Registration starts at 11am in market square in Belleville and the event closes at 4pm. For more information, visit their website here.
- Annual Chamber Classic Golf Tournament 2017- On Tuesday June 13th, 2017 the Belleville Chamber of Commerce will be hosting it's Annual Golf Tournament at Black Bear Ridge Golf Course. Our golf tournament participants include business leaders in the community, Chamber members and their guests. It gives our members a chance to get together and network in a fun environment! The tournament is held at a Chamber member’s golf course and features a shotgun start played in a scramble format and includes a variety of fun activities through out the course. For more information here!
- Relay For Life is a community fundraising event where Canadians across the country join together in the fight against cancer. Picture yourself walking a track while hundreds of people – family, friends, co-workers and neighbours – cheer you on. The baton you hold in your hand is a powerful symbol of your personal commitment to make an impact in the fight against cancer. As you complete your lap and pass the baton to a teammate, you feel an overwhelming sense of pride in knowing you’re united with Canadians in communities across the country to create a world where no one fears cancer. For more information click here.
June 25 - July 1:
- Quinte West isn't settling for just one day of Canada 150 Celebrations. They're planning a week-long multicultural bash leading up to Canada Day that'll include daily celebrations. Details are still being set but visit their website for updates as the date gets closer www.quintewest.ca
- Canada Day – Celebrating Canada 150 at Zwicks Park. This years event will be bigger and better than ever. Check out Bellevillecanadaday.com as the details get released.
July 1 - 9:
- Family Fishing Week – features license free fishing all week long. Visit ontariofamilyfishing.com for more information.
July 2 - September 4:
- Norampac Summer Concert Series is a series of free performances every Thursday and Sunday 6-8pm in Centennial Park in Trenton. Schedule will be coming out soon! Keep an eye on Quinte West's events page.
- 16th Annual Belleville Dragon Boat Festival - at the beautiful Victoria Park.
July 6 - 9:
- Belleville Waterfront & Ethnic Festival – Free Admission. This 4 day family festival held at West Zwick’s Park features; full midway, main stage entertainment for all ages including tribute bands, children’s meet & greets & multi-cultural acts, food from around the world, vendor expo, children’s village & more! Bellevillewaterfrontfestival.com
July 13 - 15:
- Downtown Trenton's annual three-day festival with sidewalk sales, art in the park, live entertainment, boat cruises, and the Trenton Dragon Boat Festival. For more information, visit their website www.downtowntrenton.ca
July 14 & 15:
- Presented by the Quinte West Chamber during Downtown Trenton's Festival on the Bay, enjoy a scenic cruise at 1pm and/or an evening cruise at 7pm with entertainment, wine tasting, cheese and desserts. Each cruise is three hours in length. $40 for Chamber members and $45 for non-members. You can purchase your ticket from the Chamber website here, and keep an eye on their Facebook page for updates.
- Save the date for the 3rd annual Trenton Dragon Boat Festival happening at the Rowing and Paddling Club in Kiwanis Park. Keep an eye on their Facebook page and website for updates.
- Wheels on the Bay, Ontario’s Largest 3 day wheels (Cars) Festival will be held at it’s new location at Zwick’s Centennial Park. Wheels on the Bay will feature special Celebrity guests, Burn Out Pit, Rev competition, Pin Up competition, many vendors and new for 2017, a Swap meet. Wheels on the Bay will attract close to 1000 vehicles from throughout North America. Visit www.wheelsonthebay.com for more information.
July 22 - 23:
- The city of Quinte West is presenting the 6th annual Trenton Big Band Festival. Comes to Trenton's Riverfront Square on Saturday to hear the exciting sounds of the Rythym and Truth Brass Band from 7:30 - 10:30 for FREE! Sunday, enjoy concerts at the Ampitheatre in Centennial Park. For tickets and more information visit their website www.trentonbigbandfestival.com
- The 5K Foam Fest Belleville. Join us for 22+ obstacles including the world's largest inflatable waterslide, mud pits and 2.5 MILLION cubic feet of foam! Rock out all day to 12,000 watts of awesome music, enjoy a FREE kids zone for kids 7 and under, delicious food, great vendors and beer gardens. 5K Foam Fest has fun activities for all ages and is a family friendly event! More Information Here
August 4 - 7:
- Tweed Stampede and Jamboree – The premier camping & western lifestyles festival is back again. Set on the beautiful lakeside Trudeau Park in Tweed, it will feature some of the biggest names in country music. For more information visit their website: www.tweedstampede.com
August 11- 13:
- 11th Annual Quinte Ribfest – Free Admission to this Food & Family Fun Festival in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters features great food, music and fun for everyone! Quinteribfest.org for more information.
- Join the City of Belleville for an opportunity to support our community by enjoying a BBQ lunch for United Way at Market Square from 11:30am - 1:30pm.
August 25 - 27:
- 7th Annual Tweed Elvis Festival, for schedule, tickets and more information visit www.tweedelvisfestival.ca
August 31 - September 3:
- Mark your calendars for the annual Quinte Exhibition, more details to be released soon.
September 9 -10:
- Trenton's 27th Annual Scottish Irish Festival is a two day event promoting and celebrating Celtic culture and heritage. The festival includes a parade, music and dance, art, jewelry, clothing and costumes, ancestry and heavy events competition. Admission is $5 and children under 12 are FREE. Festival will take place in beautiful Centennial Park.
September 21 - 24:
- Brighton's beloved annual Applefest will take place over the last full weekend of September. Most of the activities are centred around the main street and nearby King Edward Park. Events include BBQs, children's village, dances, a street fair, arts and crafts show, dinners and a parade. Be sure to keep checking their website as they continue to release information for their 2017 festival: www.brightonapplefest.ca
- Belleville Flavours of Fall Festival – 10:00am-3:00pm Downtown Belleville. Come enjoy the sights, sounds, tastes & scents of the fall season in Belleville, with fun activities and entertainment for the whole family!
- Porchfest Belleville is back again in 2017. Stay tuned to Porchfest Bellevilles Facebook page for locations and artist that will be performing this year.
- Inviting all ghosts and goblins of Quinte West to the Annual BOOFEST Halloween Party! Tons of candy, ghost stories, colouring, toys, games. Come out from 5-8pm at the Trenton Arena to enjoy this Halloween Party!
November 3 - 5:
- Hollywood North Film Festival – November 3 – 5 featuring world-class films from around the world. Hnff.ca
- Christmas At The Pier – Wander through this impressive seasonal lighting display, enjoy complimentary treats, musical entertainment, and, Santa & Mrs. Claus!
- Belleville Nighttime Santa Claus Parade – Bring the family and come enjoy beautifully lit floats, marching bands, seasonal surprises and of course Santa!
Day Trip Ideas:
Festival Players of Prince Edward County: http://www.festivalplayers.ca
Stirling Festival Theatre: http://stirlingfestivaltheatre.com
Montrose Inn Tea Room: http://www.montroseinn.ca
Farmtown Park: http://www.farmtownpark.ca
Nationial Air Force Museum of Canada: http://airforcemuseum.ca/en/
County Wine Tours: http://thecountywines.com/index.php
Kingston Trolley Tours: http://kingstonchamber.on.ca/tourism
Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston: http://marmuseum.ca/
Glanmore National Historic Site: 613-962-2329, http://www.glanmore.org/h/LifeAtGlanmoreSChapline.html
Online Resources for Upcoming Events: